[SOLVED] After motherboard change the GPU isn't working.

Apr 15, 2020
Hi, I changed my motherboard and my cpu today and after I installed everything it worked fine, but when I put the GPU in I don't get image. The motherboard is a Asus H110M-Prime with a I3-7100 and a Nvidia GTX 760. When I started the computer with the motherboard Hdmi I wanted to install the Nvidia driver but my system doesn't detect it. It doesn't appear in the device manager and the driver utility says that it is unplugged. I tried with another GPU but it doesn't work either, the Bios is updated, I am using windows 10. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks

Solution
No sound only fans and the HDD lights turn on, I assume it boots
would be better if you would be more confident in your answer , because if its stops and post detects problem, then its more likely gpu or psu... but if it continue boot but your mb not communicating with gpu... in fact with 2 of them, then more likely .... where did you get mb ? ... sounds like faulty buy

and be sure you removed old graphic drivers from hdd, before installing either gpu.
another way to check would be , make bootable linux live usb, set your system to boot from usb, , attach gpu, that will exclude hdd and driver problems as well as os.

chuda

Commendable
Aug 28, 2017
but does windows boots...goes up as far as desktop ,even you have no image on screen ...
or
it just fans spin and your system does nothing else.... no hdd activity lights or sounds...no sound from speakers getting power once windows initializes , no windows startup melody.... like its stops on POSTm but gtx fans keep spinning...
does gtx fans shanges speed anytime ...

Apr 15, 2020
but does windows boots...goes up as far as desktop ,even you have no image on screen ...
or
it just fans spin and your system does nothing else.... no hdd activity lights or sounds...no sound from speakers getting power once windows initializes , no windows startup melody.... like its stops on POST

chuda

Commendable
Aug 28, 2017
have you let windows to boot in , make un update... like give it 20-30 min ... let windows do what it needs and then restart.
but before that...
did you use old hdd and drivers from gtx was installed there already before, and now you reatteched your old gtx and hdd to a new cpu and MB... if so you need to remove all gtx drivers...or any other for that matter
if you didnt ...
then boot in windows with mb graphics, switch of fast startup in power options,, set what power buttons do in power settings --> shut down...
and then reatach gtx and let winfows boot for good while and it let it update , even if you cant see nothing , press reset button...

Apr 15, 2020
have you let windows to boot in , make un update... like give it 20-30 min ... let windows do what it needs and then restart.
but before that...
did you use old hdd and drivers from gtx was installed there already before, and now you reatteched your old gtx and hdd to a new cpu and MB... if so you need to remove all gtx drivers...or any other for that matter
if you didnt ...
then boot in windows with mb graphics, switch of fast startup in power options,, set what power buttons do in power settings --> shut down...
and then reatach gtx and let winfows boot for good while and it let it update , even if you cant see nothing , press reset button...
I did it and I still don't get image

chuda

Commendable
Aug 28, 2017
would be better if you would be more confident in your answer , because if its stops and post detects problem, then its more likely gpu or psu... but if it continue boot but your mb not communicating with gpu... in fact with 2 of them, then more likely .... where did you get mb ? ... sounds like faulty buy

and be sure you removed old graphic drivers from hdd, before installing either gpu.
another way to check would be , make bootable linux live usb, set your system to boot from usb, , attach gpu, that will exclude hdd and driver problems as well as os.

Solution