Question After multiple cleanings with multiple antivirus programs I still get redirected to Bing. Assistance needed!

Aug 2, 2022
I have been getting Bing redirects for a few days now, it brings me to Af.xdock.co before sending me to Bing. I've Googled extensively regarding the Bing Redirect as well as the above.

So far I have run Malwarebytes, Kapersky, EST Scanner and some others I can't remember and I am STILL getting the redirectes. Also cleaned cache and extensions and basically everything I can think of.

Am at my wit's end here. Please help!

May 8, 2023
Same. Deleted all cache and cookies, reset Chrome, ran Malwarebytes, still comes back randomly, but not always. I *think* it may be tied to an extension, but am having a dickens of a time narrowing down which one.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if you think it is extension related, then disable all of them. has it gone away? if so, then one by one turn them back on and see what it does. when/if it starts again, then you know which is the problem.

that's the only way to figure out extension issues.

if it's not that and you have tried everything else, then the nuke option is all you have left. fresh windows install and start anew. i know folks hate the couple hours it takes to get everything back in place, but i always ask "how long have you already spent and will continue to spend chasing this down vs the couple known hours to start over?"

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Aug 2, 2022
Reinstalling the OS is drastic and I really don't want to have to do that. It happens intermittently, but it happens.

Is it a serious leak or something minor?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Reinstalling the OS is drastic and I really don't want to have to do that. It happens intermittently, but it happens.

Is it a serious leak or something minor?

Reinstalling an OS is a simple, basic function that anyone with a PC ought to be ready to do at any time.

You have a PC infection that you've been chasing down without resolving the issues. Between researching the issue, attempting to remove the virus/malware, and posting here, you've probably spent more time on the problem than a simple wipe-and-reinstall would take.

Aug 2, 2022
I've never heard that before. Will I need to reinstall all programs and the like?