After playing for some time mouse feels sluggish.

connorh01

Reputable
Aug 20, 2017
after I've been playing games for a long time (2 or so hours) my mouse feels sluggish. however it is only where i have been moving my mouse, the outskirts of the mouse mat and the other side (where my keyboard is) doesn't seem to get this effect and feels normal?
is it getting too hot because of friction?
any help would be much appreciated.

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
What mouse do you have?
if your house is at all dusty like mine, you need like an o ring pick or a toothpic to get in there and scrape the dust out. It gets stuck between the cut out for the mouse skates, and the mouse skate its self.

Now when you say sluggish... do you mean physically, or does it seem more like mouse lag on the monitor? Plug it into a friends computer see what it does.

connorh01

Reputable
Aug 20, 2017
I have a razer death adder elite, and i mean like physically, but its only after I've been playing for awhile, last night it happened, i left it for a hour or two had some food and watched TV then went back and it was fine again? that's why i think it may be getting warm due to friction.

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
I also have a deathadder elite... it picks up dust like crazy, and sometimes it picks up like thick particles and feels scratchy at times. That is weird though... I have a razer firefly hard mousemat... it doesn't warm up like that for me. I have never heard of that issue.
weird!