Question After plugging the graphics card, the PC turns on for a second and turns off.

Aug 17, 2020
Good day everyone. Hope all to be well.
I had stocked an old NX 8800GTX graphics card because of an upgrade. Now after 7 years when I plugged it in. The workstation starts for a second and turns off automatically. I then gave the graphics card a quick cleanup. I removed its head sink, cleaned the whole card with wd40, applied new thermal paste on the gpu and tried firing it up, but it did the same thing as before. If anyone has come across the same problem or knows what the fault is and if repairable can guide me, I'd really appreciate his help. Thank you.
I am on a tight budget and need this card for my sisters low level gaming requirement, so can only afford a DIY fix :(

Aug 17, 2020
I am actually using the original 610W power supply of the Lenovo ThinkStation S30 Type 4351. Its equipped with two 6 pin power connectors and this graphics only requires 1. If u require exact specs, do let me know, I can post after reaching home. Also note that I am currently using a Radeon Rx-570 on this Work Station which works fine.

Last edited: