[SOLVED] After Power Failure my Intel motherboard will not resume itself

cbaxterm

Reputable
Feb 9, 2017
A PC dedicated to running a voicemail system was set in the BIOS to <Power On> "After Power Failure" and previously it did so. There were several power failures over the last two years that exceeded the battery capacity of the UPS and on those occasions the PC did power up once the electricity came back on.

Now the PC will no longer power on when power is restored; it is necessary to press the power-on button on the front of the case. BIOS was still set to <Power On> "After Power Failure" but the system was not doing so. I have tried the following:
F9=Setup Defaults then set the power options again,
Removing the CMOS battery for a few hours,
Unplugging the USB hub connected to the USB1 motherboard header,
Unplugging all the SATA devices

No luck so far. The PC works perfectly but only starts from the power-on button and will not resume after a power failure until that button is pressed. I would prefer to have the system restart without manual intervention since it is intended as an unattended setup.

Motherboard specs:
Intel D2500HN
BIOS Version: MUCDT10N.86A.0073.2012.1101.1638
CPU : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D2500 @ 1.86GHz
RAM : SO DIMM 1 4096
Graphics : Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series
Ethernet: Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection

Solution
As a last ditch effort, you could try and reflash the BIOS with the same version though I suspect that either the board is giving up the ghost, or you're going to have to try and reinstall the OS and see if that's where the corruption went.

Lutfij

Titan
As a last ditch effort, you could try and reflash the BIOS with the same version though I suspect that either the board is giving up the ghost, or you're going to have to try and reinstall the OS and see if that's where the corruption went.

Solution