[SOLVED] After RAM upgrade, PC will not post

Dec 6, 2019
www.jasperrubin.com
I built this PC about two years ago. It had a Ryzen 3 1200, Asrock AB350M Pro4 motherboard, and 8GB of G.skill Ripjaws V RAM. Today I got a Ryzen 7 2700x and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX (part number CMK16GX4M2B3000C15), and after installing them the PC it would not post. When I turned it on it would come on for a few seconds, then reboot before getting to the BIOS, then repeat. When I put the original RAM back in, it ran fine with the new CPU, so I think it must be a RAM issue.

After putting the new RAM in again it still would not work, and I have tried various combinations of reseating, resetting the BIOS, and using different slots (even though the ones I was using were the recommended ones), and the new dimms still will not boot. I also sometimes have the same issue now with my original dimms, but other times they work fine.

Any solutions or suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

Dec 6, 2019
www.jasperrubin.com
Okay nevermind, somehow got it working 10 minutes after posting this by switching which slots the dimms were in and reseating them a few times. Not sure what happened that made that fix the problems, but hey, it works.