after recovery disks error booting

raxi

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
i did recovery of a laptop, inserted all five dvds and then it said to boot and after that nothing happened and it got stuck on black screen on restart. windows boot manager and when i press enter it says ems enabled and then again i press enter it comes back to same windows boot manager screen.
Now it is on that same black screen and doing nothing what is the problem?

corky1000

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
I'm looking at ways my newly aquired old Athlon x2 Asus A8S-X used pc with new Win 7 and new SSD behaves wrt that symptom. I'm new to Win7 and SSD.
I've seemingly fixed some problems wrt configuration of cables, and BIOS settings and then I re-installed windows. Boot order reads correctly.
a)If I boot with my external hard drive on and connected, the "boot mgr" message appears. That external may have some WinXP files locked in it ( afer formatting as an external drive it has only a fraction of it's size left showing).
b)If the pc freezes and I do a restart, "boot mgr" message.
c)If I shut down instead, "windows resuming" message appears and it works.
To use the external, I have to turn it on after Win7 startup.

As well, sometimes it takes a couple of shut downs before pc connects to network.

I've just explored work-arounds to the "boot manager" message because I (being ignorant of almost everything tech), "sometimes" run into more severe problems by doing changes.

Another thing that has worked is to just go to boot order on BIOS and reclick on the drive order, not even to do any changes, and then save and exit.

raxi

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013

so wats the solution...!!!

corky1000

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
I googled your problem and I think you enabled ems. If you can start up then you can use ms config command to get to it and delete the option but if not you reload windows and do a repair...(?)

raxi

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013

i cant run windows its stucked at black screen. And what is infact ems enabled actually.

raxi

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
i did recovery of a laptop, inserted all five dvds and then it said to boot and after that nothing happened and it got stuck on black screen on restart. windows boot manager and when i press enter it says ems enabled and then again i press enter it comes back to same windows boot manager screen.
Now it is on that same black screen and doing nothing what is the problem?