After removing the battery to reset my BIOS so I could add two strips of RAM, my machine is not recognizing my current operati

Rick Rice

Reputable
May 23, 2015
I ordered additional RAM for my old computer, which it would not recognize. The seller told me to remove my battery from my mother board for 15 minutes, and then they should work. Resetting the BIOS took me back to an earlier operating system and it doesn't recognize my master and slave drives. How can I get back to the right setup? Thanks for any help you might have!

Rick Rice

Reputable
May 23, 2015
check what the setting for the controller is.

if it is set to AHCI, change it to IDE, or the other way around.

Thanks so much for your quick response. I don't see, in the BIOS settings, where I set the controller. I have Standard CMOS Features, Advanced BIOS Features, Integrated Peripherals, Power Management Setup, Pnp/PCI configurations, PC Health Status, and MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.). Do you know which category I should find controllers under? Apologies for my ignorance but I sure appreciate your help.

I see IDE Prefetch Mode [Enabled] under Integrated Peripherals.

The problem seems to be that I can't get the system to recognize my OS on Drive C, and my slave on Drive E. I don't know how to get it to recognie that they are there. They don't show as BIOS options.