[SOLVED] After restarting laptop today I'm only getting 20 FPS in Unreal Engine ?

May 3, 2022
Hi,

I recently brought a laptop and I have been using it for couple of weeks, It gives me decent 60 Fps when working in Unreal Engine, but since this morning the max FPS I got was 20, it mostly bounces around 18-20fps and I haven't even done anything, it happens on all of my projects, I also downloaded Furmark and it was also around 19fps max, Furmark showed that it is using GPU1(RTX 3050) but it also shows another graph below with GPU2(Integrated).

When I disable my Integrated GPU from the device manager my screen turns into very huge low resolution. I have a feeling it's not using RTX 3050 at all. The thing is, in my Windows graphics settings I have set Unreal Ungine to use RTX 3050 but still no change, FPS remains at only 20 ?

I don't why this has started to happen just recently, it was all working fine last night and I shut down the laptop properly as well.

Solution
I recently brought a laptop
Make and model of your laptop? SKU to said laptop?

Please include the OS you're working with. If you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers for your RTX 3050. You can try and work with DDU to uninstall, source the latest drivers from Nvidia beforehand, then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

P.S: BIOS version for said laptop?

Hello, Here is the laptop model
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-EC2052AX, Running Windows 11.

I have managed to fix it at least I think it's fixed but on the task manager it is still showing GPU-0 3D on...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please include the OS you're working with. If you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers for your RTX 3050. You can try and work with DDU to uninstall, source the latest drivers from Nvidia beforehand, then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if that helps.

May 3, 2022

Hello, Here is the laptop model
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-EC2052AX, Running Windows 11.

I have managed to fix it at least I think it's fixed but on the task manager it is still showing GPU-0 3D on Unreal engine and other apps I have forced to run with Nvidia, I am getting 60 FPS now again, I don't know what exactly I did but I tried pressing the power button for 30 seconds (I don't think it did anything but still worth mentioning), I downloaded Radeon software for AMD (Integrated graphics card) how ever I did not change anything in there.

What is more funny is today I was somehow getting 120 fps in the same project I get 60, opened up task manager and the Editor is show GPU-0 3D it did switched to GPU-1 for a bit I think my laptop is still not utilizing its fullest potential.

Solution