[SOLVED] After Secure boot my pc boot anymore????

Nov 19, 2022
Hi everyone i wanted to play valorant and it said i needed to enable secure boot after i did that nothing changed i searched it up on youtube and found a video and followed every step after i shut down it wont boot and a light is turning red at DRAM. It has 4 signs with a light above it VGA CPU DRAM and BOOT It starts at VGA passes that passes CPU too and stops at DRAM for some reason does anyone know a fix? I already tried doing: Taking the motherboard battery out, Swapping ram, taking my gpu out, holding power buttons, taking storage out.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: Radeon RX 6700 XT MECH 12GB
Motherboard: AORUS B450 ELITE
RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair RM 750x (750W)
Storage: Local drive (Samsung SSD evo plus 250GB)
Game drives (Kingston SSD 500GB , Barracude HDD 2TB)

Hi everyone i wanted to play valorant and it said i needed to enable secure boot after i did that nothing changed i searched it up on youtube and found a video and followed every step after i shut down it wont boot and a light is turning red at DRAM. It has 4 signs with a light above it VGA CPU DRAM and BOOT It starts at VGA passes that passes CPU too and stops at DRAM for some reason does anyone know a fix? I already tried doing: Taking the motherboard battery out, Swapping ram, taking my gpu out, holding power buttons, taking storage out.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: Radeon RX 6700 XT MECH 12GB
Motherboard: AORUS B450 ELITE
RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair RM 750x (750W)
Storage: Local drive (Samsung SSD evo plus 250GB)
Game drives (Kingston SSD 500GB , Barracude HDD 2TB)

You probably need to convert an MBR system disk to GPT.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-convert-mbr-disk-gpt-move-bios-uefi-windows-10

How to check if your system disk is GPT:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/84888-check-if-disk-mbr-gpt-windows.html

Nov 19, 2022
That's what happens if it's MBR and you disable CSM (necessary to enable Secure Boot)...you can't boot.

In order to boot again go into BIOS and enable CSM mode. Then convert to GPT.
The problem is i can’t get in the bios I have no screen when I turn it on I have 4 lights on my pcs motherboard VGA CPU DRAM and BOOT it passes VGA CPU too and it stops at DRAM after a few seconds it goes back too VGA and do the process again

Colif

Win 11 Master
one possible fix is try another GPU

I hate how Gigabyte removed dual bios feature without replacing it with Q Flash + on some motherboards

I also wish the valorant steps told people they needed to convert drive to GPT before swapping secure boot

@COLGeek might have some ideas

Nov 19, 2022
one possible fix is try another GPU

I hate how Gigabyte removed dual bios feature without replacing it with Q Flash + on some motherboards

I also wish the valorant steps told people they needed to convert drive to GPT before swapping secure boot

@COLGeek might have some ideas
I’m first gonna get a new battery and try that. The thing is a few days ago I got a new gpu and cpu so I have my old one to try it on

Colif

Win 11 Master
i wonder what happens if you put in an installer usb. I don't know if it would see it but it would have a UEFI partition, it might let you at least get into bios.
The problem is the MBR drives can't boot in secure boot and you did the order wrong. If drive was converted before swapping secure boot, it would work.

Nov 19, 2022
i wonder what happens if you put in an installer usb. I don't know if it would see it but it would have a UEFI partition, it might let you at least get into bios.
The problem is the MBR drives can't boot in secure boot and you did the order wrong. If drive was converted before swapping secure boot, it would work.
What’s a usb installer? An usb with the bios on it?

Nov 19, 2022
the Bios is looking for a partition that isn't currently on the C drive.

If we can get back into bios, I would turn secure boot off, then windows should work again, and then do the steps in this link to convert drive to GPT and then you can turn secure boot on again - https://it-infrastructure.solutions/how-to-switch-from-legacy-to-uefi-boot-mode-mbr2gpt-convertion/
So i need to format my usb and put windows 11 on it. Do i need to take out my drives that are in my computer so it uses the usb?

Nov 19, 2022
resetting cmos should have set bios up so it boots off USB anyway. I think...
But do i need to format the usb in a special way?
image.png

Nov 19, 2022
if you run the media creation tool, it will format the drive during the process
it sets it up so it can boot in either legacy or UEFI so it should boot if its going to.

starting with no drives attached is also an option.
Its downloading right know. Do you think a new cmos battery will help?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't think so, the battery just there to let bios remember settings. if its unplugged for a while it should make bios forget.

tried unplugging cmos for about an hour? leave pc unplugged and just see if it resets to defaults.

curious how bios maintains the Secure boot setting without a cmos. I don't think it can make it a default

Nov 19, 2022
i don't think so, the battery just there to let bios remember settings. if its unplugged for a while it should make bios forget.

tried unplugging cmos for about an hour? leave pc unplugged and just see if it resets to defaults.

curious how bios maintains the Secure boot setting without a cmos. I don't think it can make it a default
Do i need to put the usb in the motherboard or does it not really matter?

Nov 19, 2022

It did not work for some reason its stopping on DRAM

It did not work for some reason it stops at dram maybe the secure boot stops my ram?
2-B7-ABBC3-8489-45-B0-86-CE-83-B2-FF029-C6-B.jpg