Question After setting stock base clock and boost to auto I cant reset the cmos

May 17, 2018
No Soliciting
SPECS: ryzen 3 2200g, MSI armor rx 570, msi b350m vdh pro motherboard and 500 watt power supply.
So I set my core clock to auto cause I wanted to see my performance at base clock and I put boost to auto to cause I wanted to see what clock it would boost to. The thing is I left the voltage the same when I had it overclocked. I hit save changes and restart and, well, it turned on but just did nothing. I hit the hard reset switch and when it came back on the cpu light flashed on the motherboard for one second and went away then the pc did nothing again. I tried to clear the cmos by touching the two pins with metal for 20 seconds and nothing happened. after that I took of the cooler and cleaned the thermal paste off. I accidentally got some thermal paste on the bottom of a pin but I was able to clean was I could see off. I put new thurmal paste on and put the cooler back on. I boot it up and now I was getting a constant cpu failure light. might I have broken my processor. If not can you please help because this is the only pc other than my slow terrible laptop, that I have. I don't have any money to get a new processor so I would love it if you could help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried removing the CMOS battery itself for a few minutes. Sometimes the pins won't clear the settings from my understanding. If CPU pin is properly cleaned and no physical damage was done, you should be ok there.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS