after some printer advice

TurtleTom100

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Hi guys, I'm in a predicament at the moment.

I have a Cannon Pixma ip6600d but that has started playing up and not printing properly (I have tried doing all the basic tests and also cleaned the print head)

Because of this I have just bought a second hand cannon mg3150 for 99p from the famous online auction site.

I haven't actually tried the printer yet but looking at the specs the ip6600d has more resolution does this mean it would be better for print quality? I'm not bothered about the added features (wi-fi, card reader etc) just print quality.

Any help or explanation as to what the words mean such as pl, dpi, resolution etc

Solution
More resolution does not directly translate to quality of the printout or anything else, especially for cameras.

Set it up and see what it looks like. DPI is dots per inch, the higher the number the finer a single point can be. Resolution amounts to just about the same thing, except it's measured by how many lines of points can be done across the screen or page.
More resolution does not directly translate to quality of the printout or anything else, especially for cameras.

Set it up and see what it looks like. DPI is dots per inch, the higher the number the finer a single point can be. Resolution amounts to just about the same thing, except it's measured by how many lines of points can be done across the screen or page.

Solution

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Also you can set up what quality print you want using the printing software that comes with the printer. You want to change depending on what you do because higher quality printouts means more ink.

The best print quality is from Laser printers. The ink is usually more but you get alot more pages.