After SSD replacement, laptop no longer hibernates

adsada

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016
after SSD replacement, laptop no longer hibernates, the screen switches off and everything seems to be off, however the led lights remain on (wifi, battery etc). So it almost seems to freeze. If I press and hold the power button it switches off, and then I can press it again and it resumes fine. Sometimes it does switch off fine however, quite an odd issue, but it has only happened since I installed an SSD and reinstalled windows onto it

thanks

Solution

first off, sorry for the late reply, I've been quite busy lately.

Since that didnt work, have you got your windows install disk? If you do boot from that, and navigate to the 'repair' option. (I can't remember exactly where it is, sorry).

hit repair, and see if that fixes it.

oh p.s. do back up your files in case something goes wrong (it shouldnt)

adsada

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016
Hi, I already have hibernation on, in the power menu I have set it so that closing the lid of the laptop and pressing the power button both activate hibernate

V15VA

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2013

Might be worth running an 'sfc-scannow' command just to check for any errors in your windows installation.

To do this, search for 'cmd', right click and click 'run as administrator'. In the windows that appears type 'sfc-scannow' (without the quotation marks) and wait for the scan to finish.

adsada

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016

Hi thanks, I just did it and got this message:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired
them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.

had a look at the log but there is so much info, any easy way to find out what corrupt files were repaired?

chers

V15VA

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2013

first off, sorry for the late reply, I've been quite busy lately.

Since that didnt work, have you got your windows install disk? If you do boot from that, and navigate to the 'repair' option. (I can't remember exactly where it is, sorry).

hit repair, and see if that fixes it.

oh p.s. do back up your files in case something goes wrong (it shouldnt)

Solution