Question After sudden shutdown, can't pass Americal Megatrends Screen, No keyboard inputs registered.

Jul 6, 2019
I have an ASUS Z9PE D16/2l that has been working more or less fine for the past couple years except it had a tendancy to randomly and suddenly lose power. Recently, it did this and would not turn back on, instead displaying a CATT LED1 error (catastrophic failure in the manual). When relocating the computer to a more open area to work on (perhaps fixing a short or something? I don't know. As far as I'm concerned, my bedroom is cursed), It posted, but would not boot, and now it gets stuck at the American Megatrands screen, telling me to press f1 or del to set up the bios. It registers no keyboard inputs (I've tried all my usb ports) and the on board display is stuck at A2, which the manual reports as, "IDE, AHCI Init." which is above my level of expertise.

I've tried
-removing everything except cpu and one ram stick
-resetting cmos
-praying to Szarcal the Unholy

but I'm no closer and now I'm indebted a firstborn child.
If anyone has any suggestions aside from tossing the thing in the fires of Mt. Doom, it'd be appreciated.

manual: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket2011/Z9PE-D16/Manual/e7223_Z9PE-D16_Series.pdf

Jul 6, 2019
UPDATE: After resetting bios using onboard jumper, an alt keyboard did the trick. Initial red light problem may have been due to a faulty connection (missing part of plastic, may have been disconnecting). I'm posting this from my PC. Not closing the thread in case the issue comes up again.