[SOLVED] After swapping motherboards

RobK92

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
After swapping motherboards from a Gigabyte x570 Auros Elite v.1 to a MAG x570s Tomahawk MAX Wifi, the post process is acting wierd.
It takes long time to post compared to my old motherboard and when posting it looks like there's some sort of a "read problem" and the splash screen is just a grey square with no MSI-text on it.
Same splash screen-picture appeared when I booted from the USB-drive to install windows. Before entering the Windows installation 3 of the same splash screen appeared in a very wierd way, like it's not supposed to happen.

I didn't use my old M.2 drive, I installed a Samsung 980 PRO and a fresh Windows 10 Pro from a usb-drive.

I uploaded a video of the post process: https://youtube.com/shorts/FK9Y546i1Uw?feature=share
Notice that the "dot" in the upper left corner ain't blinking as it should(comparing to my old motherboard and my friends setup).

List of my parts:
MAG x570s Tomahawk MAX Wifi
AMD Ryzen 5600x
Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3070
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB (2x8GB)
Corsair RM850x v2
Samsung 980 PRO M.2 drive

Sorry for my bad english.

Solution
I may be exaggerating because it's slower than my old mobo, yet I have a faster M.2 harddrive.

I also don't like a splash screen which is 1/6 of the original one.

Right now I'm deciding if I should return it and buy a new one or just keep this one.
Your motherboard has to go through the post process before windows will load a faster SSD has nothing to do with how long it takes that process.

Edit even windows loading a faster SSD compared to about any SSD they might be 1 second difference.
D

Deleted member 14196

Yeah. Before doing that you could bread board the system take out the motherboard out of the case and see if it runs outside the case

Yeah something is wrong with mobo then I’d cmos reset didn’t work
Did you watch the video?
It's perfectly fine. 15s from power on to desktop (power on happens, when keyboard lights turn on). A very good result.

Basically the issue is - post process is not exactly the same as with previous motherboard (different board manufacturer, different BIOS provider).
It's in no way - a problem.

Last edited:

RobK92

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
I may be exaggerating because it's slower than my old mobo, yet I have a faster M.2 harddrive.

Right now I'm deciding if I should return it and buy a new one or just keep this one.

D

Deleted member 14196

Actually You might want to think about disabling the splash screen so that you can always see what’s going on during the process where is checking the memory and the drives and all that. It’s the first thing I usually do when I build a new system because if there’s any problems I want to see it in the post

Thanks to the others here I did not have time to watch the video and they answered correctly appears to be no problems and if everything’s working why not just keep it. Looks like a nice mobo. I’ve only ever had good luck with MSI motherboard

Reactions: RobK92

RobK92

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Actually You might want to think about disabling the splash screen so that you can always see what’s going on during the process where is checking the memory and the drives and all that. It’s the first thing I usually do when I build a new system because if there’s any problems I want to see it in the post

Thanks to the others here I did not have time to watch the video and they answered correctly appears to be no problems and if everything’s working why not just keep it. Looks like a nice mobo. I’ve only ever had good luck with MSI motherboard
Yeah I did disable the splash screen before I posted on the forum to check if there was something suspicious, but seemed like everything was running.

Thanks for y'alls support.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Your motherboard has to go through the post process before windows will load a faster SSD has nothing to do with how long it takes that process.

Edit even windows loading a faster SSD compared to about any SSD they might be 1 second difference.

Reactions: RobK92
Solution