Question After swapping to display port for one of my monitors, all of my windows move to one monitor.

Nov 1, 2022
I swapped one of my monitors to Display Port instead of HDMI like my other monitor, and now all of my tabs on chrome and other programs move to the monitor using HDMI after it wakes from sleep. What could be causing this?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Perhaps include a video of the issue as it's happening...? You might want to also see what the primary monitor is set to in Display Settings, assuming you're working with Windows 10.

Might want to include the make and models of your panels and the make and model of your display output device.

Nov 1, 2022
Perhaps include a video of the issue as it's happening...? You might want to also see what the primary monitor is set to in Display Settings, assuming you're working with Windows 10.

Might want to include the make and models of your panels and the make and model of your display output device.

I should add, this only happens when it wakes from sleeping. So if I come back and wake it up, all of my tabs move to the display using HDMI.