[SOLVED] After switching my cpu, my computer takes 20 minutes to boot and has some weird problems...

Sep 27, 2020
Hey y’all. I recently bought a Ryzen 5 3600xt and it replaced my Ryzen 5 2600 (made sure to update to the proper bios). The initial boot took a little over 10 minutes but I knew that was normal. Though after that, my computer would take 15 - 20 minutes boot and one time (out of like 5 restarts) my windows was lagging and glitching and my audio was cutting out. Also (this has happened before and I fixed it but still) my nvme ssd disappeared from system. I am really just considering getting new motherboard but i’ll see if you guys can help, thank you! Here is my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YHKLPV

Solution
Well it starts loading for a long time at screen where it asks me to go to bios or bios flash
Once you've finished the flash update it shouldn't be asking you to flash BIOS. Go into BIOS, then to the Save Settings screen, and you should find a Load Optimized Defaults option. Use that and then restart.

Also, VERIFY the BIOS version to make sure it's what you updated to.

The version you should run for a 3600XT: 7A34v1OS(Beta version).
Sep 27, 2020
No it won't. It just puts settings back into defaults. Settings left over from the previous BIOS may not work right with the new BIOS.
ok so I reset the cmos, currently it’s loading in (the same thing it was doing before) so it might fix but I don’t know. If this doesn’t work, what other methods could I try?

edit: yeah nothing is changing, i’m seriously considering buying a new motherboard but could it be another problem?

edit: yeah nothing is changing, i’m seriously considering buying a new motherboard but could it be another problem?

When is the delay? before the Windows logo up? or after. If after then it's possibly a Windows problem that might need a clean install. That's not uncommon after a major hardware change like a processor.

But seeing that you have a B350 Tomahawk now. B350's in general have had numerous issue so even though this problem sounds like it should be solveable I'm not sure it's worth spending a lot of time on it for Zen2 CPU if you have an option.

Sep 27, 2020
When is the delay? before the Windows logo up? or after. If after then it's possibly a Windows problem that might need a clean install. That's not uncommon after a major hardware change like a processor.

But seeing that you have a B350 Tomahawk now. B350's in general have had numerous issue so even though this problem sounds like it should be solveable I'm not sure it's worth spending a lot of time on it for Zen2 CPU if you have an option.
Well it starts loading for a long time at screen where it asks me to go to bios or bios flash

Once you've finished the flash update it shouldn't be asking you to flash BIOS. Go into BIOS, then to the Save Settings screen, and you should find a Load Optimized Defaults option. Use that and then restart.

Also, VERIFY the BIOS version to make sure it's what you updated to.

The version you should run for a 3600XT: 7A34v1OS(Beta version).

Solution