[SOLVED] After two weeks of inactivity, my PC has become unusable

Thomster246

Commendable
Mar 12, 2017
When I turned on my PC after two weeks I have noticed a stark degeneration in the computer's performance. Programs fail to respond, applications linger in the background when closed, applications freeze, the shut down/restart process lingers and overall the functionality has absolutely gone down the drain. After running a full system virus scan and trying various setups in the BIOS I am completely stumped as to how this has happened. My PC is exceptionally high tech (it cost £2200 to have custom made) so I'm really concerned about this, and it looks as if these problems are here to stay unless they are resolved.

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Full system specs, including PSU make and model are? Since price tag doesn't say nothing. For example, my Skylake build (full specs with pics in my sig) is also custom built and it's price tag is few Euros short of €4000 (£3435).

What you describe seems to be software issue. Here, rather than trying to find which piece of software is causing this (if there is any), i'd wipe the OS drive and make a clean Win install. That get's rid of any software issues (e.g malware/bloatware) that you may have. Clean Win install also largely removes suspicion off from software issues and if the slowness remains even with clean Win install, then it's good time to look towards hardware issue(s). But 1st, do a clean Win install.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Full system specs, including PSU make and model are? Since price tag doesn't say nothing. For example, my Skylake build (full specs with pics in my sig) is also custom built and it's price tag is few Euros short of €4000 (£3435).

What you describe seems to be software issue. Here, rather than trying to find which piece of software is causing this (if there is any), i'd wipe the OS drive and make a clean Win install. That get's rid of any software issues (e.g malware/bloatware) that you may have. Clean Win install also largely removes suspicion off from software issues and if the slowness remains even with clean Win install, then it's good time to look towards hardware issue(s). But 1st, do a clean Win install.

Solution