Question After undervolting 3050, lower clockspeeds result in much higher heat compared to max clock. Is there a way to make it cooler throughout the curve?

Jul 3, 2022
I undervolted my 3050 mobile with the goal of reducing temperatures. I did this by using furmark running the 1080p 8xMSAA stress test. After completing the undervolting with furmark running to make sure it is a stable I ended up with these numbers. The temps hovered around 70C and clock speeds were high at 1845MHz. The power draw of the board was also around 60W.

I decided to try furmark but with 0xMSAA and see what the results would be. I assumed it would be even lower temperatures especially after undervolting it and getting low temps while under heavy load. However these were the numbers that came out. The temperatures were approaching 80C while the clock speeds jumped between 1400MHz to 1500MHz. However, this time the power draw reached the limit of 75W.

This is a closer look at the voltage curve that I landed on. Frequency/Voltage curve

Is there a reason why at lower voltages and lower clock speeds that it consumes more power? I'm assuming that the current to the GPU has been increased by the system.

Is there a way to also reduce the temps while not under heavy load as I do use this laptop to play less demanding games and would like to keep the temps low as well?

Jul 3, 2022
That's a good point. I just loaded up borderlands 3 and it's working perfectly with the undervolt!

What's the difference between a benchmark and a game in terms of gpu utilization? I thought they both would be around the same with the game being less consistently demanding if you are accessing menus.