[SOLVED] after update firmware I cannot use the printer samsung m2020w

mercanteinfiera

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
I cannot use the printers after updated firmware using windows 10. Following the instructions in the readme file I extract the M2070_V3.00.01.30.hd file drop it onto the usblist2.exe file. A DOS window appears with a number counting upwards, it reaches the target number then disappears (or I closed it before). The printer doesn't reboot and the firmware remains unchanged.
Really doing my head in. Now I see the printer but I cannot print.

The firmware installed is from today and I think new firmware will add something but everything worked
Any help greatly appreciated.

Solution
Summary problem being that a Windows 10 computer is unable to print to the Samsung printer - correct?

And the the firmware is as it was before because the firmware update failed; i.e., "unchanged".

Try running the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing that, on the Windows 10 computer uninstall the Samsung printer drivers.

Manually download the applicable printer drivers via Samsung's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Ralston18

Titan
Summary problem being that a Windows 10 computer is unable to print to the Samsung printer - correct?

And the the firmware is as it was before because the firmware update failed; i.e., "unchanged".

Try running the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing that, on the Windows 10 computer uninstall the Samsung printer drivers.

Manually download the applicable printer drivers via Samsung's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Solution