Question After upgrading CPU second M.2 drive no longer shows in windows

May 27, 2021
Hi

I just upgraded my Ryzen 2700x to a 5900x. In doing so it seems there is an odd issue with my second M.2 drive. I suspect it may be BIOS related. In the BIOS the drive shows up and self test and extended tests work. However in windows the Drive is not there in either Device Manager or Disk Management. The drive in question is a 1tb Crucial. My main boot drive is a samsung evo in the first M.2 slot and is functioning no problem. Motherboard is a X470 Gaming Pro 7 Wifi whith latest BIOS F61a.

Anybody ahve any ideas? Should note that disk manager shows a removed drive for Drive Letter F (this was the drives original letter). It says no Media so I guess this is just windows saying it expects a drive there but its been unplugged.

I've tried reseating the drive. also did a boot with it unplugged just incase it jogged the system but no luck. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi

I just upgraded my Ryzen 2700x to a 5900x. In doing so it seems there is an odd issue with my second M.2 drive. I suspect it may be BIOS related. In the BIOS the drive shows up and self test and extended tests work. However in windows the Drive is not there in either Device Manager or Disk Management. The drive in question is a 1tb Crucial. My main boot drive is a samsung evo in the first M.2 slot and is functioning no problem. Motherboard is a X470 Gaming Pro 7 Wifi whith latest BIOS F61a.

Anybody ahve any ideas? Should note that disk manager shows a removed drive for Drive Letter F (this was the drives original letter). It says no Media so I guess this is just windows saying it expects a drive there but its been unplugged.

I've tried reseating the drive. also did a boot with it unplugged just incase it jogged the system but no luck. Any help greatly appreciated.
Check MB manual, second M.2 shares lines with another PCIe slots connected to chipset, not CPU.

May 27, 2021
Check MB manual, second M.2 shares lines with another PCIe slots connected to chipset, not CPU.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not saying it's a CPU issue it's just an issue that happened after upgrading the CPU.

I've installed chipset drivers with no luck. Kinda at a loss as to what to do. Maybe a clean install would help?

TRENDING THREADS