Question After upgrading graphics card, pc didn’t boot all the way.

Sep 5, 2023
I just upgraded my pc from a 3070, to a 4090.
I had to get a larger PSU. So I installed a 1000watt before. I started my PC with this new psu and it worked fine. Played on it for a full day. Next day I got my 4090, simply took out my old gpu, put in my new one, used the power connector that came with my PSU to power it.

I go to turn my computer on, starts normal, and the GPU turns on, lights up and fans turn on. But I never get a display.

First boot I had a red CPU light, but on the next boot, all the lights flashed and then eventually a green boot light came on. Any ideas??

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
Mono: ASUS Tuf X570-Plus
Ran: Corsair Vengence 32gb
PSU: Corsair rm1000e

Gpu- 3070 / 4090

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
First boot I had a red CPU light, but on the next boot, all the lights flashed and then eventually a green boot light came on. Any ideas??
You might want to clear the CMOS and see if that alleviates the issue.

Is this the motherboard you're working with?
If so your motherboard has a BIOS recovery function;
ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3, page 3-22, section 3.11.3

I had to get a larger PSU.

What PSU were you working with prior to the RM1000e?

Sep 5, 2023
update: the computer is working, I think my issue was I had 3070 drivers installed and so it would not boot right away and so I uninstalled and installed 4090 drivers. Computer works, I still feel like something ain’t right. My boot up takes a bit longer, almost as if I didn’t have an m.2 sad. The other thing is that I no longer see anything until my windows login appears. That being said I don’t get a chance to access my bios so that I can update it which I would like to.