After upgrading my cpu to e5450 i'm unable to install windiows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

waymesee

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018
I recently upgraded the my Intel Pentium E5700 to Intel Xeon E5450 using sticker mod. after modding i found the temperature spikes in cpu and asked a suggestion from you guys...up on your suggestion i bought the cooler master T4 and its working super fine..if you need the detail specs of my system you can find it in this link https://valid.x86.fr/xj7a54 .. currently i'm running Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 and i thought to upgrade it to windows 10, so i downloaded iso file from Microsoft website and created an USB bootable drive. i select the boot device as pendrive and gone through setup, but problem arises when i select install windows option nothing was happening until 30 minutes after that it shown driver missing no hard drive found message. after many tries i give up on fresh install and choose to upgrade the current windows7 to windows 10 directly from iso setup.exe. i gone through the process and it loaded 100% afterwards its restarted and struck at 14%, even hour after it was at same place. i really got mad and done a force restart of my pc it roll back to windows 7 again. my previous CPU never had this kind of issues before. i ran windows10 before on that too and it took only 19min to install whole OS. is xeon e5450 is not compatible to windows10 or their should be a specific driver to install the OS or i'm doing anything wrong .. please help me on this

thanks in advance

Solution
You could edit or create 'ei.cfg' installation configuration file in the 'Sources' folder of your installation media.

The 'ei.cfg' file might look like this when opened in Notepad:
[EditionID]
{Edition ID}
[Channel]
{Channel Type}
[VL]
{Volume License}

To install the Enterprise edition it should look like that:
[EditionID]
Enterprise
[Channel]
OEM
[VL]

Change the value to 1, if this is a volume license, or 0, if this is not a volume license.

You need Windows 10 Pro for Workstations which support Intel Xeon CPUs with up to 4 cores.
If you want support for Xeon CPUs with more than 4 cores then Windows 10 Enterprise.

waymesee

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018

while i try that same iso file in virtual box it shown me the option to choose the version of windows 10 i want to install which contain all home basic to enterprise and pro option. while starting the fresh install it was not getting till that step ,not even the license agreement just stucking at loading

You could edit or create 'ei.cfg' installation configuration file in the 'Sources' folder of your installation media.

The 'ei.cfg' file might look like this when opened in Notepad:
[EditionID]
{Edition ID}
[Channel]
{Channel Type}
[VL]
{Volume License}

To install the Enterprise edition it should look like that:
[EditionID]
Enterprise
[Channel]
OEM
[VL]

Change the value to 1, if this is a volume license, or 0, if this is not a volume license.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.