[SOLVED] After using Asus EZ Tuning Wizard my apps and my system kept crashing and being unstable

Aug 15, 2019
So about 2 weeks ago i built a pc and i was gaming on it and it was doing good. I decided to overclock it through Asus EZ Tuning since i have a unlocked processor and i don't know how to overclock it. So i overclock it and i load in and my PC is very slow i open an app it either crashes or my system crashes ( Your system has ran into problem ) I go in bios reset do default everything works fine.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

PC Specs:
i7 8700K
GTX 1080ti 11gb
Prime Z370-A II
Kraken M22 Liquid Cooler
2 Extra Fans
1TB HDD

Solution
Overclocking is best done manually. Asus EZtune, OC Genie and all the rest are gimmicks, selling points for the ignorant. It's like a car salesman walking you past 5 blue and brown cars, and showing you the red one, 'it's red so it's faster'. It's garbage.

Start reading. Read the forums, read Asus ROG forums, read anything and everything that has to do with your bios settings, learn what everything means. Study up on coolers and values and the fact the nzxt M22 is a 130w aio, so barely holds its own vrs a CoolerMaster hyper212

Research, research, research. And when you think you have a really good clue, go back and research some more until you are sure you have a really good clue.

Then OC.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Overclocking is best done manually. Asus EZtune, OC Genie and all the rest are gimmicks, selling points for the ignorant. It's like a car salesman walking you past 5 blue and brown cars, and showing you the red one, 'it's red so it's faster'. It's garbage.

Start reading. Read the forums, read Asus ROG forums, read anything and everything that has to do with your bios settings, learn what everything means. Study up on coolers and values and the fact the nzxt M22 is a 130w aio, so barely holds its own vrs a CoolerMaster hyper212

Research, research, research. And when you think you have a really good clue, go back and research some more until you are sure you have a really good clue.

Then OC.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution
Aug 15, 2019

Then OC.
Thanks for the reply i contacted asus they said to check if i have put together my pc correctly, the best to do right now is what you said.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry I couldn't just solve the issue for you, but OC is most definitely a hands on thing, and for you to get the performance upgrade you are wanting, it's going to be on you to get it done, so any tweaks or nudges are going to be a learning experience between what your pc will or will not accept. Every cpu is different, responds differently to different tweaks and voltages, what works on one cpu may or may not work on another, which is what makes software OC so useless. Software can't think or adapt, it makes some 'one size fits all' changes, hopes for the best and that never works out to anybodys satisfaction.

Good luck with this, have patience, it'll happen.