[SOLVED] After using Etcher, 2 of my USB Drives have a signature collision problem.

orangeme

Honorable
Nov 17, 2016
After using Etcher to install TailsOS, 2 of my USB Drives have a signature collision problem. both drives failed in etcher and it gave me a error that I failed to remember. Any suggestions on what I can do? both drives are clean and usable if only one is connected to the PC.

I downloaded tails the instructions told me on their website, i downloaded etcher and used it on my first usb drive, after reaching 100% it said failed so then i tried out my second usb drive and it did the same thing. now once they're both in my pc only one can be seen and used by the file browser. I can see both of them in disk management, but one of them is offline.

Solution
Etcher (and other imaging utilities) write whatever partitions are available in the image to the target media. There are utilities which format flash media and reconstruct the partition info. You can also use your tails setup for that (and why "tails" is completely different questions, and obviously tails is not for you).
Etcher (and other imaging utilities) write whatever partitions are available in the image to the target media. There are utilities which format flash media and reconstruct the partition info. You can also use your tails setup for that (and why "tails" is completely different questions, and obviously tails is not for you).

Solution