AfterBurner Force Fans to Run

joehopefb

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (MSI) GPU. The fans never spin. My guess is they will only spin if the GPU reaches a certain temp. In most cases my GPU temp stays under 40c.

I have AfterBurner but I really struggle understanding it. I read tons of info about using it for setting your FAN curve and so on, but all I want to do is test my fans. In other words I want to force my fans to spin (there are two fans) without adjusting curve and other technical stuff.

Is there a simple way in AfterBurner to force my fans to spin just to be sure they work (again, my gpu rarely gets above 40c).

My AfterBurner interface is confusing to me. Here is a picture (see link below):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9ync5zc3t8gy56/AfterBurner.png?dl=0

AfterBurner.png

Thanks in advance for your help

Solution
Click the "settings" cog wheel (to the left of 'reset' and 'tick').

"Fan" tab, select "allow user to configure" or whatever the checkbox says, and drag your fans the stock 0'C = 0rpm to a straight line @ 100% fan speed regardless of temp. You should hear/see them ramp up.

If they do, you can just reset the "curve" you just created (which isn't "curved" in the slightest :lol:)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Click the "settings" cog wheel (to the left of 'reset' and 'tick').

"Fan" tab, select "allow user to configure" or whatever the checkbox says, and drag your fans the stock 0'C = 0rpm to a straight line @ 100% fan speed regardless of temp. You should hear/see them ramp up.

If they do, you can just reset the "curve" you just created (which isn't "curved" in the slightest :lol:)

Solution

krells

Distinguished
MERGED QUESTION
Question from joehopefb : "AfterBurnere and forcing fans to spin"

Click auto next to the fan speed slide to turn it off. Then move the slide to the desired speed and click the apply button below the slide to the right.