[SOLVED] Aftermarket blower cooler options for a 1650 SUPER ITX?

Dec 20, 2020
Aftermarket blower cooler options for a 1650 SUPER ITX OEM Dell style/vendor

picture of the 1650 - Google Search

I have an ASUS G20CB computer that came with a GTX 1070 blower style video card which went out on me so i bought a GTX 1650 SUPER. The ASUS G20 needs a blower style GPU anyway to make the 1070 blower work or any other options?

Last edited:
Solution
ASUS G20CB
~Ohh, that's why the specific need for a blower card. I see now...
With that tight space, there no where else for air to go but out the back.

How'd the 1070 go out on you? Did you get the skull and crossbones - or some folks call 'em the space invaders... anyway, it's one of the telltale signs of gpu death.
Or perhaps it died to component overheat - like the Vram; black screened, or displayed colored artifacts on you a few times, and then it wouldn't come on anymore.

As for other options, I know of none - they don't make individual gpu blower coolers; you could find some blowers in the 2nd hand market, likely taken off other gpus.
None of the custom coolers would fit in that chassis either.

The 1650 Super might...
Dec 20, 2020
Umm, that's an axial fan, not a radial fan that's found on blower cards.

I don't think I understand the question?
I have an ASUS G20CB computer that came with a GTX 1070 blower style video card which went out on me so i bought a GTX 1650 SUPER. The ASUS G20 needs a blower style GPU anyway to make the 1070 blower work or any other options?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
ASUS G20CB

How'd the 1070 go out on you? Did you get the skull and crossbones - or some folks call 'em the space invaders... anyway, it's one of the telltale signs of gpu death.
Or perhaps it died to component overheat - like the Vram; black screened, or displayed colored artifacts on you a few times, and then it wouldn't come on anymore.

As for other options, I know of none - they don't make individual gpu blower coolers; you could find some blowers in the 2nd hand market, likely taken off other gpus.

The 1650 Super might work in there, since it's not very power hungry at all... but it's also not on the same performance tier as the old 1070 either.
I can think of naught but a 2nd hand blower card to match your old one.

Solution
Dec 20, 2020

The 1650 Super might work in there, since it's not very power hungry at all... but it's also not on the same performance tier as the old 1070 either.
I can think of naught but a 2nd hand blower card to match your old one.
The 1070 started fluctuating FPS and hitching/skipping a lot then in the process of changing all settings to performance modes and then finally a modest OC with MSI Afterburner apparently nuked it. Was playing game when the screen went "no display/no signal" fan went full speed like a jet engine and PC turned off, when powered back on it was no display with the 1070 only the igpu would work also the 1070 wasn't detected by windows. the 1650 SUPER is performing very good if not better than the 1070 its probably because the 1070 was on its last leg and throttling though. What about adding a stand alone exhaust type fan or blower that would send the air out the back vent theres a large opening by video card because this on is half the size of the other one. Or taking the side panel off entirely or i guess i could heavily modify the side panel by cutting a window.?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, the OC likely finished it off.

What about adding a stand alone exhaust type fan or blower that would send the air out the back vent theres a large opening by video card because this on is half the size of the other one.
Honestly, it might not even be that bad. A 1650 Super pulls a fair bit less power than the 1070 does, and the smaller size can work to its advantage in an already cramped space.
What kind of thermals are you seeing under load? 80C wouldn't be that bad here.

Dec 20, 2020
Aftermarket blower cooler options for a 1650 SUPER ITX OEM Dell style/vendor

picture of the 1650 - Google Search

Yeah, the OC likely finished it off.

Honestly, it might not even be that bad. A 1650 Super pulls a fair bit less power than the 1070 does, and the smaller size can work to its advantage in an already cramped space.
What kind of thermals are you seeing under load? 80C wouldn't be that bad here.
38c-42c idle most I've seen so far gaming was 81c. Really impressed with the 1650S, got it for $80 used but looks brand new its the OEM Dell plain jane model but idc its perfect for my situation and system I couldn't imagine paying 400-1000 for 20-40 more FPS

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
38c-42c idle most I've seen so far gaming was 81c. Really impressed with the 1650S, got it for $80 used but looks brand new its the OEM Dell plain jane model but idc its perfect for my situation and system I couldn't imagine paying 400-1000 for 20-40 more FPS
That is actually a good result; it's not burning up in there - a little toasty, but still within safe parameters.