Aftermarket cooler for Nvidia GT 1030

dicalut

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
Hi, i own a gigabyte gt 1030 which has active cooling not just a heatsink unlike others but i feel sometimes it's not enough so i want to change it to something better( the temperature reaches 70 degrees almost on every game) but i dont know what kind of cooler i should buy and if its ok connecting a bigger fan on the gpu considering it only draws 35w. any ideas? thanks

Consider that fans can only do so much. If the airflow in your case is poor and/or the ambient temperature in the room is high, adding a bigger fan is not really going to help. It is true though that some of those cards come with small fans. There's a reason, those aren't cards designed for high load gaming. This means the heatsink itself may only be large enough to dissipate a certain amount of heat regardless of what fan you use.

dicalut

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
thank you all for replying. i will leave it the way it is. @dontlisttentome, im currently running a push pull configuration, the airflow it s not a problem, my cpu sits at 45 degrees maximum while stressing it for example. from what i've seen, 70 degrees is actually not much, thanks again