[SOLVED] Aftermarket cpu cooler odd problem

JokZzZz

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
So I received my new bequiet cpu cooler i try to install it but the intel bracket they include is too small. The plastic thumb screws fall in between the mobo holes. Upon searching the specs i see its not mean for 1700 socket... Great! What do i do? is there a way to get it back or i have to take the loss and order correct one? What should i expect from the shop i bought it? Cant go in person its too far.

Solution
All coolers currently made are compatible with both AMD and Intel mainstream cpus. Of Any generation that uses LGA or PGA sockets. Doesn't matter if it's an ancient FX cpu or LGA775 or brand new AM4 or LGA1700, the cooler is compatible.

What isn't is the mounting kit. Every Intel gen from LGA1156 (1st gen) through LGA1200 (11th gen) uses the same kit, has the same mounting hole dimensions. Only LGA1700 is different. Those kits are included with all new stock. If there's not a kit for LGA1700 included, it simply means whatever you bought is older stock.

Just contact the Vendor, in this case it's BeQuiet, and they will send you a kit. Some vendors will ship it at no cost, some charge a minimal fee to cover taxes/import fees/customs...

JokZzZz

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
Pure rock slim 2 intel i3 12100. Also i touched a bit the preapplied paste. Thanks for answering will call seller and see..
Talked to seller, if its opened they say it cannot be returned. Is there any chance i find correct dimensions metal bracket and screw that on the cooler and it works? I guess it would have to be bequiet.. i guess i lost again frustrated lots. I hope i didnt damage mobo trying to fit it.

So I received my new bequiet cpu cooler i try to install it but the intel bracket they include is too small. The plastic thumb screws fall in between the mobo holes. Upon searching the specs i see its not mean for 1700 socket... Great! What do i do? is there a way to get it back or i have to take the loss and order correct one? What should i expect from the shop i bought it? Cant go in person its too far.
Contact Bequiet and see if you can get proper kit for socket 1700
https://www.bequiet.com/en/insidebequiet/27

Reactions: Why_Me and JokZzZz

KyaraM

Admirable
Talked to seller, if its opened they say it cannot be returned. Is there any chance i find correct dimensions metal bracket and screw that on the cooler and it works? I guess it would have to be bequiet.. i guess i lost again frustrated lots. I hope i didnt damage mobo trying to fit it.
BeQuiet should send you a bracket if it fits. It might take a bit, though. You can also check compatible MBs in the link above, by clicking on the three lines in the top left, then products, air coolers, and then checking your cooler. Select your manufacturer and model from the drop-down lists there. Then select the board in question to get the list of applicable coolers.

Last edited:
Reactions: JokZzZz

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
All coolers currently made are compatible with both AMD and Intel mainstream cpus. Of Any generation that uses LGA or PGA sockets. Doesn't matter if it's an ancient FX cpu or LGA775 or brand new AM4 or LGA1700, the cooler is compatible.

What isn't is the mounting kit. Every Intel gen from LGA1156 (1st gen) through LGA1200 (11th gen) uses the same kit, has the same mounting hole dimensions. Only LGA1700 is different. Those kits are included with all new stock. If there's not a kit for LGA1700 included, it simply means whatever you bought is older stock.

Just contact the Vendor, in this case it's BeQuiet, and they will send you a kit. Some vendors will ship it at no cost, some charge a minimal fee to cover taxes/import fees/customs fees etc.

Reactions: JokZzZz
Solution

JokZzZz

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
Yes, i was under the same belief based on past experiences that the cooler came with what looked like a ton of brackets. So this time I rushed without double checking and got caught like a moron. Since the listing of the product online and the box are explicitly stating compatible sockets and mine isnt there i will not challenge them. Will just get a bracket.
Thanks everyone 😊