Aftermarket graphics card cooler

Sep 3, 2018
Can I install
1. arctic accelero twin turbo iii
2. acrtic accelero xtreme iv
On an asus dual rx 580 ?
which one should I go for ?
the thermals of this card are very bad even after repaste.

Solution

I think some assemblers let you remove the cooler without voiding the warranty, mainly to let you change the thermal paste.

In addition to air flow, you can customize the fans curve. Probably the fans won't go to the 100% until 90ºC, so you can change it with MSI Afterburner to go faster (like 100% at 80ºC). You can try undervolting (but in my experience I have barely noticed improvements) but anyway if ultimately you need another solution like changing the cooling, first you should try to reapply thermal paste, a good one like Noctua NT-H1. Anyway that temps feel kinda high for that...

Phazoner

Distinguished

I think some assemblers let you remove the cooler without voiding the warranty, mainly to let you change the thermal paste.

In addition to air flow, you can customize the fans curve. Probably the fans won't go to the 100% until 90ºC, so you can change it with MSI Afterburner to go faster (like 100% at 80ºC). You can try undervolting (but in my experience I have barely noticed improvements) but anyway if ultimately you need another solution like changing the cooling, first you should try to reapply thermal paste, a good one like Noctua NT-H1. Anyway that temps feel kinda high for that concrete graphics card so it can be a lack of thermal paste from factory.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS