Again a monitor not available is recommended

ibm650

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2002
Again Tom has recommended a monitor that is not currently available in the US. What is up with this?

It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
Allan E Levy

G

"Launched in late summer, exclusively in an analog version, the 920 Pro will be reaching the stores in a DVI version during December. At least, it will be in all the stores in Europe, and can be ordered online with free delivery at the Hercules site for the U.S. "

It will be available online on the Hercules web site in december.

JP5

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
Again Tom has recommended a monitor that is not currently available in the US. What is up with this?

I know -- it is crazy.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jp5 on 11/06/03 08:45 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Just like the PV920Pro, the Samsung 172X is not yet available in the States. It will be in december.

Is it a real problem to test products that will be available one month later ?

joesmoe

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2003
"Is it a real problem to test products that will be available one month later ?"

The problem with testing (and recommending) products that are not yet available is that they might never become available. If they do become available commercially, they might come out much later than expected or with different specs or at a much higher price. Thought you guys learned your lesson with the Q17.

Fenris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Now here is the question...

How is the Hercules better than the Q17? Is there any reason to wait for it at all?

------------------------------------------
"It's a common conceit in games: play, die, reload, and ride the karmic wheel of kick-ass, until you get it right"

big_goff

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2003
The American Market? You mean that one with about 285 Million people in it and with one of the highest per capita incomes worldwide? You're right, who cares about that?!?!

Now run and get me a Q17 and ship it over here Frency

VChuck

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2003
Sigh...yeah, it's a shame but it does seem like all of the newest best(LCD) technology seem to be available in Europe and other countries first, and then here, for instance the Formac 20"which is supposed to rival Apple's LCD,for less than half the cost, I searched for months,could'nt find any in stock anywhere, finally(got lucky) found generic version at Newegg (Fujitsu panel)Drove me almost to despair looking though.Gave up on the Q-17 awhile back, months ago.

VChuck

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2003
took me long enough to get back here. thanks for the info,I would have purchased this moniter had it been available when I was looking awhile back.Still I am happy with my new19"Fujitsu Lcd.Bargain price also.

msb128

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2003
Just got delivery of my Prophetview 920 Pro DVi. It was on back-order for a few days, but I got it within a week of ordering.

Interestingly enough, the packing list that came with it refers to a support number on the paper in case of an RMA. I can't find the number. However, the screen is perfect...no dead pixels. It looks really nice. I wouldn't worry about it. They seem pretty good. Three days to actually get the product shipped and the rest was time in transit (including the weekend). Not too bad for $549 USD.

MATA7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2003
BTW, am just confuse this monitor have 20ms, and I can buy for the same price or les, a monitor 17" with 16ms,so what is the big deal with this monitor, can sum1 explained to me please

thanks

afterdark

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2003
Numbers aren't everything.

The 16ms monitors can only display certain colors at 16ms. Other colors take longer to be displayed. It's double the time, I believe. This monitor can display all colors at 20 ms, which is fast enough to eliminate ghosting.

MATA7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2003
Well I just Place my order of this monitor, I hope the I made the right decision, I mostly play games on my PC, and this monitor I hear is perfect for games

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mata7 on 12/20/03 07:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

RLymburner

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2002
Ordered mine the 10th - received backorder notice on the 14th and haven't heard from them since. Can't believe that even now there is no note on the website that says they're backordered. Very deceptive. Crap, so much for great Xmas present.

MATA7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2003
I Ordered mine the 20th, I have the same situation, no notice of went I will receive mine, that sucks, [-peep-] I hate the I don’t have a phone# so I can call, what crap site, the should have a phone#

MATA7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2003
oh well i cancel my order wiht this people, i really hate they suport, so any one knows ,a difrent site where i can buy this monitor?

RLymburner

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2002
What a crock and shady marketing techniques to allow orders for something they cannot fill with any certainty in the near future. I just canceled my order. I would like to post my negative experiences on the web site that provided such a positive review and urge them to tone down their reviews in lieu of this poor customer experience.