Age of Conan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Can any one tell me for sure if Age of Conan is multi threaded, (AKA quad core better then dual core) and does it utilize sli? I cant find nothing on the web except the minimum and recommended specs.

I was wondeing because I sold a PC with e7200 OC 3.8 and 8800gt and the customer said her quad core sli'd 8800gts run 50 FPS and the system I sold runs 75FPS.

Based on that its not quad or sli optimized.

The quad is runnin Vista and the dual that I made is on XP. Vista machine has 8g ram dual machine has 2g.

I dont understand how the dual is beating the quad. She said the quad is 3.8 and I know the dual is oc to 3.8.

Im thinking the game isnt quad or sli optimized and her quad is stock or slightly higer.

Oh Snap

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
Why are you putting together and selling computers if you don't even fully understand what performance you're going to get from the components, software and settings you're using?

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
I do understand thats what dont make sense. The only thing I'm unsure of is if AOC utilizes quad core and sli.

And I told her to use CPU-Z to check her quad becaue I doubt its running 3.8 like she said.

I know I build bad ass rigs. Just didnt think they were that bad ass. Ima have to charge a premium. Ima ave to call them Railienware.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I do understand thats what dont make sense.
:??:

Anyways seeing as you need it spelled out to you and I have 5 mins to waste; There are many variables that could be at play but most likely the Vista system is running AoC in DX10 and the XP system is running DX9. I haven't really tested the difference in this game but it did make a huge difference in Crysis. Also I'm guessing that if this person is buying a computer from you there are likely many user 'issues' at play especially with the SLI system.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007

LoL. My system wasn't SLI if you could read.

Possibly the difference is DX10 vs DX9. Evidentally you dont know either so you need it spelled out as well.
The main question of the topic is is AOC utilizing quad core and SLI. If you dont know you need it spelld out also. The rest of the post is a real life comparison.

Seems to me even DX10 quad core ,sli 8800gt, and 8g ram should run as good or better then DX9 dual core, single 8800gt 2g ram.

I promise you I can build a better/faster PC then you any day of the week.

I dont need rude comments, as I'm looking for a simple answer; Does AOC utilize quad core and sli? Google turned up nothing so, I'm asking people here that may have the game and know more then you!

Evidentally, I must be the **** then if my $589 system can smoke the $1800 system.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

DX10 has not been released as of yet for AoC lol... you can try turning it on in the options but it does nothing.
It will be released when Euro version is released I believe.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Wow, the more you talk the more you prove yourself to be an idiot. I guess you just have the touch of God when it comes to building PCs. Why don't you post some screen shots of these side by side comparisons so we can all be blown away. Anyways if you're really concerned about whether or not AoC is supposed to be multi-core optimized you could just look at the front of the box.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
LoL. My system wasn't SLI if you could read.
P.S. I didn't say YOUR system was SLI, I said THE SLI system may not be configured properly which could not only negate any SLI benefit but could actually lower performance. But I guess a super builder like you would know that.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
DX10 has not been released as of yet for AoC lol...
It will be released when Euro version is released.
Do you have a link to something regarding this? Like I said I've yet to test it out but there is a DX10 option in the game I have and it's clearly advertised all over the Funcom site and on the game packaging so it would be hard to believe that they actually left it out.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Thankks radio. That takes that out of the equation.

I'm a idiot? Your th guy that thought you could get $400 for a FX-60, and came here to ask what you should buy.

Atleast I can pick my own parts. LoL. Oh snap!

You implied if she bought it from me it could be user error , especially sli.

If you dont have any knowledge on the topic please leave.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I had an issue last night where my game crashed and for some reason it wouldnt run as smothly as before. I checked my card GC settings and SLI mysteriously turned off. I am pretty sure AoC takes advantage of multi core proccessors and SLI. I can't remember where I read it and do not have time to look it up(plus the page would probably be blocked) because I am at work. Try the AoC forums.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Thanks again radio. The forums are locked unless you have the game. I do not have the game right now. I cant believe a forum would want you to register your key. Thats a new one for me.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
ppsale.bmp

Now please prove your results.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
If I remmber later when I get home I will try and look it up on the forums. I have yet to register myself and did not realize you need to own a copy of the game lol.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Thanks Radio I would appreciate it. My laptop wont play it and my new desktop isnt done yet, so no sense to buy the game.

What proof you need Purple? What you want to see?

Thats funny someone bought that. I would feel bad for rippin someone off, guess thats called a concious. More power to you though.

gow87

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
Well i'm afraid I'm as in the dark as others on this front, first of all i think some people on here are just being assholes for no reason and i would be suprised if they know as much as they like to make out. and i dont mean roadrunner.

As for the poor scores. at equal clockspeeds, it should be similar performance. if it isnt, chances are the overclock isnt stable and could be throwin up errors. but to be fair either processor at stock or overclocked i cant imagine making such a massive difference. the gfx cards could. is the 88GT you used overclocked?

is the power supply in the quad sli machine enough?

it seems very odd, but even if the game doesnt support sli or quad, there shouldnt be less performance on the quad, afterall it has 2 duals in there strapped together, i cant imagine loosing any more than 5fps from a quad and sli... I dunno.. its magic!

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Well like I asked if quad core and sli made a difference the quad machine should pown.

If not and the quad is stock the dual core will pown. She told me her quad is 3.8; however I think she lied. I bet it is stock or slightly higher. She may have even lied about sli for all I know. She said the quad machine was $1800 maybe she got ripped off. She lives in Texas, I live in Nebraska. All I know is the machine I built and sold. I have never nor will ever have access to her quad machine.

Its only one game so its not really a big deal. I just cant find any info via google. Maybe I need to register on the forums.

Purple; are you using the machine in your sig? If so could you please check windows task manager and see if the game is using 4 cores? Please!

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006

Some screen shots showing specs and that you are using identical settings between the two systems. If you're going talk a big game about how you're some supreme PC builder (yet you don't have a system that can play this game) you might want to back it up. Anyways I didn't rip any body off. I put that chip up for a starting price of $150 with no reserve. Somebody obviously wanted it enough to pay that much for it. As a matter of fact the guy who bought it said he would be reselling it in a gaming system. Hum that sounds familar.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I'll check that when I get home. But I'd still like to see what settings/benchmarks you have. I know from playing the game and talking to people in game that on high settings 75fps does not seem correct. 50fps is a little more in line with what most people are getting so I think the whole 75fps is either due to very low settings or just plain BS.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Thank you.

I cant tell you for sure if the settings are the same or not.
Shes like 60 years old and I only got what she told me.
I thought it was odd. I will run some of my own test soon.
She told me the settings are the same.
If settings are the same and it only uses 1 card and one core then it all makes sense.
I dont have a system to play the game because I built that system for me, and I sold it to her, so I can build myself a quad core system with with the 48xx series card next month.
This laptop is a 1.6 dual core with 1g ram, Vista Ultimate. Its like watching paint dry compared to the desktop that I sold. 1 more G of ram is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.