age of mythology gold install help

I uninstalled my game and am trying to reinstalle it again but I keep getting
this error.

age of mythology gold setup encounted a disk error while writing to the file
C:\program files\Microsoft games\age of mythology\models\models.bar. Make
sure that your hard disk is not full and that the file is not in use.

please help

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I would first clean the CD and use MSConfig to do a clean boot. Details and
even more steps of things to try are at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258496

"GTO8936" wrote:

> I uninstalled my game and am trying to reinstalle it again but I keep getting
> this error.
>
> age of mythology gold setup encounted a disk error while writing to the file
> C:\program files\Microsoft games\age of mythology\models\models.bar. Make
> sure that your hard disk is not full and that the file is not in use.
>
> please help

Hi GTO,

Also make sure that all files were removed when you uninstalled
the game. Before installing, check for the folder and delete it if it
exists: ( C:\program files\Microsoft games\age of mythology\ )

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms