Has anyone ever experienced this error message
"Connected phone line is not compatable with this modem Only analog lines
are supported:
--
Kind regards

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=246356

Looking at the answer I suspect your modem is not set for your country. Each country has different technical standards and modems change behaviour to suit.