Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
I've posted before about this, and i got answers that did seem to fix some of the problems I have had, but there's a persistent problem I keep having and it's driving me CRAZY. and yes, I know it is a hardware problem and I am convinced it is the cpu and/or motherboard.

So I keep crashing when i run some games for too long or too high spec, or too many applications going. On PAPER my computer specs are great.
Windows 10
Intel i7-6700k CPU
32g Ram
SSD
Nvidia RTX 2060 Super

I keep crashing on a blue screen of death, which goes up to 100% and says it will restart, but doesnt., Have to power off
OR
a total freeze of whatever image i have on screen at the time along with borked BBZZRRKK sound. only way out is power off.

I am only able to go back in reliability history to May 15th. I've gotten the following problem reports during that period:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc000001d, 0xfffff8005d009ea7, 0xffff8281ea30b240, 0xfffff8005d0d2f10). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: ba7f4ea0-ae3e-42ef-9762-0a077def8e2f.
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0xfffff8017ac2e020, 0x0000000000000007, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80177123f67). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: acb8dacb-3c63-47c2-b235-d7f4c149a915.
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xffffb20571e11010, 0xfffff80385d971e4, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 7cfdc277-a655-44cc-abcf-7aded1b3a2fa.
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffffac0e627cb028, 0x00000000be000000, 0x0000000000200135). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b7a6ce68-4ebc-45d7-9893-53b756f78a34.

Trying to fix all the various problems like mismatched ram, insufficient power for the video card, all that... i have replaced the power supply, the ram, the hard drive, the case, and added a fan. i updated all my windows updates, and all device drivers and video drivers. Even managed to carefully update my motherboard BIOS version.

I am at a loss and going crazy... all hints i have seen online have suggested cpu or motherboard...

minidump files and specifications:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18lqOobuHKbqeeyfoDAB3Hdo_D75eps4j?usp=sharing

please help....

Last edited:
Solution
I did notice that the fans were not moving much air.
which ones; case fans, CPU cooler fan, GPU fans?

case fans & CPU fan(s) speeds can be set through either the BIOS or motherboard manufacturer's control software.
GPU fans can be set through either the manufacturer's control software or possibly MSI Afterburner.

creating custom fan speed curves can help with keeping temperatures under control and limiting fan noise.

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
I do not have any means to capture tempuratures at the precise moment of the crash, so have no way of knowing. i have before (dont remember how) been able to monitor temps before and it did list pretty high temps but was apparently still well within a 'normal' range. When i 'did' have that temp monitoring thing, temperatures at the precise moment of the crash were not recorded.

As for the bsod messages, those can vary, but have gotten: Unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, clock watchdog timeout, kmode exception not handled, and irql not less than or equal

I do not have any means to capture tempuratures at the precise moment of the crash
while gaming;
use something like MSI Afterburner or HWinfo with RTSS for CPU & GPU stats in an OSD.

for regular browsing or desktop work;
use something like Core Temp.
leave it running with stats showing in the Notification Area.

keep an eye on temps up until a crash occurs and report what they're reaching.

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
So it only crashes when there's too much load? If the computer just shutoff, I'd suspect the PSU / UPS. If the computer stays on and frozen, I'd guess motherboard.

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
the thing is, it doesnt crash if I am just browsing. Does it more likely if I am playing a game or have multiple applications at once.

And yes, those freezes just freeze the image and borks sound, but it does stat on.
The blue screens of death give me one of those messages, ands says it is collecting info and will restart at 100%... but AT 100% it does not restart.
In both cases, i have to hard-power down.

Is there any temp monitor thing that saves a report and overwrites it say, every 5 minutes? otherwise these crashes are totally unexpected. I don't even slow down or lag. Everything seems working fine for a while, and suddenly CRASH

I would love to see a saved reading report on the EXACT moment of the crash.

the thing is, it doesnt crash if I am just browsing. Does it more likely if I am playing a game or have multiple applications at once.

And yes, those freezes just freeze the image and borks sound, but it does stat on.
The blue screens of death give me one of those messages, ands says it is collecting info and will restart at 100%... but AT 100% it does not restart.
In both cases, i have to hard-power down.

Is there any temp monitor thing that saves a report and overwrites it say, every 5 minutes? otherwise these crashes are totally unexpected. I don't even slow down or lag. Everything seems working fine for a while, and suddenly CRASH

I would love to see a saved reading report on the EXACT moment of the crash.

I would try a different psu. Where exactly does the sound come from? Can you TRY getting it on video?

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
the sound is basically whatever sound my computer makes during the game i play, just frozen in place along with the video. When i got this computer initially, i had problems with the video card and the PSU and took it in. A problem they found was that the card was requesting more power than the PSU could supply, so i bought one which did so. I'm pretty certain the issue I am having is not related to the PSU.

I opened my case recently to blow out dust, and I did notice that the fans were not moving much air. They all spun well, but seemed very low velocity. Is there a way to speed them up? i mean, my hand was right next to them and i barely felt the air move.

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
the sound is basically whatever sound my computer makes during the game i play, just frozen in place along with the video. When i got this computer initially, i had problems with the video card and the PSU and took it in. A problem they found was that the card was requesting more power than the PSU could supply, so i bought one which did so. I'm pretty certain the issue I am having is not related to the PSU.

I opened my case recently to blow out dust, and I did notice that the fans were not moving much air. They all spun well, but seemed very low velocity. Is there a way to speed them up? i mean, my hand was right next to them and i barely felt the air move.

Your fans change speeds depending on heat. Were you feeling the airflow when they were under load, such as playing an intensive game? Or was it idling on the desktop?

I did notice that the fans were not moving much air.
which ones; case fans, CPU cooler fan, GPU fans?

case fans & CPU fan(s) speeds can be set through either the BIOS or motherboard manufacturer's control software.
GPU fans can be set through either the manufacturer's control software or possibly MSI Afterburner.

creating custom fan speed curves can help with keeping temperatures under control and limiting fan noise.

Solution

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
so am i right in thinking its cpu and/or motherboard? as well as poor cooling? im mostly asking so when i DO scrape together enough money, i narrow it down to what parts need replacing.