Agon AG241QG Pixel issue

Velanor

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015
Hello i recently bought this monitor and i noticed that in most of the games and especially in light color areas i can see the pixels, it might sound strange but i actually see individually pixels. This happens only when im gaming though. It feels like the coating of the monitor makes the pixels visible but im not sure. Can anyone explain if this is normal or what?

Solution
That's actually the graininess of the coating. This monitor uses a very thick and grainy AG coating that diffuses glare at the expense of sharpness and image fidelity.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010

No. It is supposed to look like this. It isn't a defect, rather the aggressive coating used on the panel.

Some people can get used to it, while others can not. I had a similar monitor before and I sold it after a brief period of use because I simply couldn't stand it.

There are varying degrees of AG coating used on different monitors, ranging from light, medium, to heavy etc.

Again, the heavier the coating, the more effective it is at preventing glare on the screen, at the expense of image fidelity and sharpness.

For your future monitor purchases, I advise you to check available monitor reviews for any mention of AG coating quality.