Agonizing over monitors

Aug 16, 2018
Hey all, i'm trying to find a decent 1080p 144hz monitor with freesync for around $250.
First, does anyone know what the difference between the Viewsonic xg2401 and Viewsonic xg2402 is? I cant find anything on this. How are they compared to the Nixeus VUE24A?
For that matter, if i'm going to pay that much, i found an AOC AGON AG241QX for $265, but it is 24" 1440p. I would really like to have this one, but not sure if my RX580 and Ryzen 2600 will get me over 60fps, and i've read 24" on 1440p is not ideal.
I have been agonizing over this for days! Any ideas and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
The DPI on a 24" 1440p monitor will be a little bit higher which could result in a slightly sharper picture, but you're only going to notice if you're looking REALLY closely. I've thought about this long and hard as well while being in the same boat as you.

When comparing the two on their website, I didn't see much difference. the 2402 is probably the newer revision and that's likely about it. You'll have to check their site and look at everything side by side to be sure.
The DPI on a 24" 1440p monitor will be a little bit higher which could result in a slightly sharper picture, but you're only going to notice if you're looking REALLY closely. I've thought about this long and hard as well while being in the same boat as you.

When comparing the two on their website, I didn't see much difference. the 2402 is probably the newer revision and that's likely about it. You'll have to check their site and look at everything side by side to be sure.

Solution