AGP and PCI slot performance

I own a Dell Dimension 2350 with Intel Extreme Integrated Graphics. Does
the 2350 have an AGP slot? And what is the difference in performance of an
AGP slot and a PCI slot?

Thanks,

Karl.

Using video for standard computing and displaying and working with images
such as 50 meg digital photos in Photoshop a good pci card will work well.
For gaming, an agp card might be a better choice. Myself I'm using a Radeon
9100 pci card on my Dimension 2300 machine with 384 megs of memory and it
works fine manipulating 60 meg images in Photoshop elements.

Paul Riemerman

"Karl Shaw" <karlshaw4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I own a Dell Dimension 2350 with Intel Extreme Integrated Graphics. Does
> the 2350 have an AGP slot? And what is the difference in performance of
> an
> AGP slot and a PCI slot?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karl.

"Karl Shaw" <karlshaw4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I own a Dell Dimension 2350 with Intel Extreme Integrated Graphics. Does
> the 2350 have an AGP slot?

No, it doesn't have an AGP slot.

And what is the difference in performance of an
> AGP slot and a PCI slot?

Depends on the specific card. Most high-end video cards are unavailable in
PCI format because of bandwidth issues.