AGP Bios Settings, what should they be?

jflongo

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
Well, I was initially thinking of posting this in the video cards arena, but since this is about bios settings I figured I would here.

I currently have a Gigabyte 7VTXH Board, using an Athlon XP 1600+ Processor, and Radeon 7500 OEM Card, and other stuff, of course. I've been happy with the video card thus far, the dual monitor rocks. I've also been getting 100hertzs refresh across the two in 2048 x 768 mode.

The question is, about the AGP Settings in the bios, Aperture, Fast Write, and Read Synchronization. I basically had 64MB, disabled, disabled for these settings.

The impression I get, is if you up the Aperture setting and the video card needs more memory than it has, that it can use system memory in its place. Is that the case? I have upped mine to 256MB. I basically have 512MB of PC2400 DDR on my machine.

Fast Write, i'm not sure what that does, I saw an old article on Tom's saying that could bump your performance 10% if that is set. I've enabled it now. Is that the case?

Read Synchronization, I don't have a clue on ;-)

I haven't gotten a chance to run any tests yet, just curious on an expert opinion here. Also, will any of this make the machine unstable?

<i> If you buy a pre-packaged pc, shame on you </i> :wink:

jflongo

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
if you mean the processor, it's oc'd to 1480.5

if you mean my video card, Memory Clock 370Mhz, Core Clock 300Mhz, it's oc'd a little using Rage3D Tweak. I believe the orig settings for mine are Memory 364.5 and Core 290.3

<i> If you buy a pre-packaged pc, shame on you </i> :wink:

ASK THE COMMUNITY