[SOLVED] AGP error

Dec 1, 2021
I built my new machine and I bought all new except I didnt buy a gpu because I had one (R9 270x). First I was able to go to Windows I even played some games but now for some reason I don't have any signal from the gpu and I get one long beep and three short.I try reseating the ram I even reseted the bios by taking of the battery and still nothing

My specs:
AMD Ryzen 3600
Gigabyte b550 aorus pro AC
Be quiet system power 9 600w
16 GB Corsair vengeance

Solution
That board is using a BIOS made by AMI, the 1x long, 3x short beep code suggests there is an issue in the RAM beyond the first 64 KB.
Try starting without the RAM (so that is should give you the beep for not finding any RAM) and try starting with just one stick.

On a different thread elsewhere (from about 10 years ago)I found someone with pretty much the same issue (over night it "broke" and didn't display anything on screen over night, giving the 1 long 3 short beeps), but in their case it was the VRAM on the graphics card.
That board is using a BIOS made by AMI, the 1x long, 3x short beep code suggests there is an issue in the RAM beyond the first 64 KB.
Try starting without the RAM (so that is should give you the beep for not finding any RAM) and try starting with just one stick.

On a different thread elsewhere (from about 10 years ago)I found someone with pretty much the same issue (over night it "broke" and didn't display anything on screen over night, giving the 1 long 3 short beeps), but in their case it was the VRAM on the graphics card.

Solution