laelomo

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2002
hello,
wondering if anyone knows why i can't set the agp voltage to .8v on my p4p800 deluxe. i'm running an ati radeon 9600 pro and according to the manual and other forums, this board doesn't like the 9500 and 9700 boards w/ last two digits of the p/n being less than 30. does this apply to the 9600 as well? i flashed the bios to the latest version but that doesn't seem to help. is there another setting i have to change first?

laelomo

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2002
thanks for the response.

i see the 1.8v option but isn't that for overclocking when running @ agp 4x? i've looked up the specs on ati's and other sites and 8x is supposed to run @ .8v. i'm upgrading from a 2+ yr old system so i'm a bit behind the times w/ all the new hardware. i have it currently set to 1.5v which is supposed to be 4x(?) i'm installing the os now so i'll check after that to see how fast i'm running the 9600.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No problem with the 9600. For some reason every board I've seen with AGP8x, using an 8x card, in 8x mode, only shows the 4x voltage in BIOS. It is still running at 8x.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

laelomo

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2002
thanks crash... that's good to know. i've installed the os and all and it tells me the card is running @ 8x. so far so good. now for the long and painful process of tweaking everything

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you find out why this is, let us all know. I was guessing that it was running 8x transfers on 1.5v signals from a combination of AGP2.0 and AGP3.0 standards. I remember some cardmakers tried that early in the AGP4x days, resulting in 3.3v "4x" cards that wouldn't work on newer boards.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS