DrAmar

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Hi guys,

I am just setting up my 9800 ATI RAdeon PRO (Sappire) on my ASUS A7N8X-E deluxe motherboard and I notice that my AGP slot has a tab that says remove only if using AGP Pro.
I have no clue what that is, and does my graphic card support it? (Should I pull the safety tab)

Thanks,
DrAmar

I don't even believe in JEBUS!
Homer, you are on the flight to a remote island where you will be doing some missionary work.
SAVE ME JEBUS!!!!!!

agcheavin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004
APG pro cards are longer and are used in the computer aided design or CAD industries. The extra lenght provideds additional power for the card to run. As for you, you can leave it on or take it off. It doesn't really matter.

Gary

<font color=red>AMD 2700 XP<font color=red>
<font color=red>Gecube 9800 pro Extreme<font color=red>
<font color=blue>ASUS A7N8X deluxe<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>1024 meg Dual Channel DDR 3200<font color=blue>

DrAmar

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Thanks a lot agcheavin,

Now back to building this beast :) .

Ps. First time building my own computer.

Ps. I decided to leave it on, but if somebody figures out a reason to do otherwise, please respond ASAP :).

I don't even believe in JEBUS!
Homer, you are on the flight to a remote island where you will be doing some missionary work.
SAVE ME JEBUS!!!!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, stickers/tabs are there for a reason. The reason is, when people bench test boards (without the case) it's sometimes possible to put the card in wrong on an AGP Pro slot. The case will prevent you from doing that, but you still have no reason to remove it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>