AGP V6600 compatibility with XP

Trin

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
I have an Asus AGP V6600 Video Card in my new Win XP system. All diagnostics and device drivers show as working properly but here's the glitch: My old CD of ASUS software doesn't work with XP and now I can't do video capture. I have my VCR plugged in with S-Vid connectors but Windows Movie Maker (the only software I have right now) doesn't capture. Can I solve this by buying some Vid-editing software? I'm not experience with Video editing on PC. Please help.

JP5

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
if you can actually view the video in without the ASUS drivers, then any capture program should work.

check here for free ones:
<A HREF="http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=video+capture&tg=dl-20&search=+Go!+" target="_new">http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=video+capture&tg=dl-20&search=+Go!+</A>

JustPlainJef

Splendid
Feb 20, 2001
Have you downloaded new drivers from the net? I don't know for sure, but considering the age of my V7700, yours may have some really early XP drivers if they are on the CD. I would start with new drivers from Asus.

I've got a <font color=red>fever</font color=red>,
and the only <i>perscription</i>
is more <b>cowbell</b>

Raja

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
Wow, someone in the same boat I am. Though I'm about to jump ship and get a modern video card myself. Two options for you.

1) Use the nvidia 29.x drivers. Use ANYTHING over that and video capture WON'T work. And use the wdm 1.08 nvidia drivers. Everything should work. Downside is old drivers can give you issues which is why in order to procrastinate a bit more I was able to discover this a day or two ago...

2) Use the latest detonator and nvidia drivers from the asus site (look under the downloads for the 7100 card). Also get asus vcr. Asus vcr WON'T work.. if you try it it'll crash and make you miserable, but the capturing will jam up unless you load it once (and kill it). Afterwards everything should work fine. Also remember to set within the asus vcr program that s-video as your input.

You think getting it to work in xp is tough, 2k is worse. Right now looking for a new card but debating going lowend (4200ti vivo) or highend (9700np aiw). Been debating this sorta thing long enough that i'm still with the same ancient card you have. =)