[SOLVED] AI Overclock predictions are too overkill.

Feb 6, 2020
On my Maximus XI Hero board, i enabled AI OC to overclock my cpu (i7-8700k) and it sat at a stable 4.9 GHz at 1.3V with no issues and no overheating. This morning I wake up and see my CPU was set to 5.2Ghz at 1.4V and its giving me a cooler score of 204 points with a h150i pro aio. This new OC causes my computer to Blue screen at boot and I don't see a way of resetting the AI predictions as I wanted to re-train/dial it back down to 4.9Ghz again.

Get into bios and setup your overclock to max at 5.0ghz
My Hero was unstable at 5.2 and crashed, the bios rebooted and backed off on the overclock. I run at 5 with no problems.
You may see the bios boot twice as it saves/ backups, last known good.

Feb 6, 2020
on the back I/O of the motherboard is a reset/clear cmos button. Hit that and it will clear the AI OC
Well that did remove the AI and change it back to stock.. But it didn't clear the predictions it already made. Thank you though! I managed to set it to 4.9Ghz at 1.3V again manually.

Feb 6, 2020

1. Get into bios and setup your overclock to max at 5.0ghz
    My Hero was unstable at 5.2 and crashed, the bios rebooted and backed off on the overclock. I run at 5 with no problems.
    You may see the bios boot twice as it saves/ backups, last known good.
    Thanks! I manually set the clocks to 5Ghz but the temperature reaches 90c under 100% load after a couple of minutes. 4.9Ghz sits at 78c under 100% load.

TRENDING THREADS