[SOLVED] AIDA64 91c max 7700k

GameCrucnh

Commendable
Sep 24, 2020
My i7 7700k is running at 1.27v and im running aida64 to test it out. So far its stable at this voltage, 1.265 was unstable, and im running at 4.9Ghz. However both hwinfo and aida64 tell me my max temp during the test so far had been 91 Celsius. Is this fine for games as ik stresstests like aida64 will make cpu's run hotter than normal or should i drop my voltage and reduce clock speed.

Edit: 1.27v was unstable, got a bsod. I'm now trying 1.275v

Last edited:
Solution
You will never reach AIDA64 stress levels in a real world situation and I would now recommend you run Realbench by ROG as the ultimate real world test. You can be assured your system is stable if you can pass Realbench.

Whatever your target frequency is, it is best to keep your Core voltage be kept as low as possible whilst maintaining stability.
You will never reach AIDA64 stress levels in a real world situation and I would now recommend you run Realbench by ROG as the ultimate real world test. You can be assured your system is stable if you can pass Realbench.

Whatever your target frequency is, it is best to keep your Core voltage be kept as low as possible whilst maintaining stability.

Solution

tbjerry07

Commendable
Apr 14, 2018
My i7 7700k is running at 1.27v and im running aida64 to test it out. So far its stable at this voltage, 1.265 was unstable, and im running at 4.9Ghz. However both hwinfo and aida64 tell me my max temp during the test so far had been 91 Celsius. Is this fine for games as ik stresstests like aida64 will make cpu's run hotter than normal or should i drop my voltage and reduce clock speed.

Edit: 1.27v was unstable, got a bsod. I'm now trying 1.275v

Aida 64 is not a very good cpu test. Try using p95 as sometimes running aida for hours straight will still result in bsods in certain applications such as games and rendering.

Aida 64 is not a very good cpu test. Try using p95 as sometimes running aida for hours straight will still result in bsods in certain applications such as games and rendering.

Rubbish. AIDA64 has the most accurate hardware detection capabilities in its class and also is a complete package with a stress test for RAM, GPU. and local Drives.

Prime95 has been a bad test for years now. Literally since the introduction of AVX2, it is now known that overclocking and running Prime95 will cause rapid electromigration and processor degradation on Haswell-E .

It is a redundant thermal solution test which does not test all parts of the processor equally, it really is just slamming the cache and AVX units. You can be "Prime95 stable" and still crash in other things. It's just not a good test anymore in multiple respects.

P95 is a torture test alright and some self acclaimed pundits will tell you to RUN the test overnight unattended to prove it's stability. An analogous comparison to putting your foot to the floor in your car and leaving it there. Who would want to do that?

tbjerry07

Commendable
Apr 14, 2018
Rubbish. AIDA64 has the most accurate hardware detection capabilities in its class and also is a complete package with a stress test for RAM, GPU. and local Drives.

Prime95 has been a bad test for years now. Literally since the introduction of AVX2, it is now known that overclocking and running Prime95 will cause rapid electromigration and processor degradation on Haswell-E .

It is a redundant thermal solution test which does not test all parts of the processor equally, it really is just slamming the cache and AVX units. You can be "Prime95 stable" and still crash in other things. It's just not a good test anymore in multiple respects.

P95 is a torture test alright and some self acclaimed pundits will tell you to RUN the test overnight unattended to prove it's stability. An analogous comparison to putting your foot to the floor in your car and leaving it there. Who would want to do that?

Never knew that, although having aida installed in the system, I do not use the program anymore for stress testing. My recommendations were purely from my experience with stress testing and system stablility.

GameCrucnh

Commendable
Sep 24, 2020
Yah, I lowered my fan speed back down to standard (With the exception of the CPU fan) as I had set them to preformance. I then lowered my voltage to 1.265 and my clock speed down to 4.8 instead of 4.9 I then also lowered the CPU cache ratio by 1 to keep it 4 away from the clock speed. It seems stable now with my max temps on Aida64 being 90 and during a normal 3dbenchmark the hottest it got was 83. I might even lower my CPU fan speed now.