Aida64 stress test on i7-6700k

Luhketa

Honorable
Oct 26, 2016
So, I recently bought a i7-6700k along with a H100i v2 and a Maximus VIII Hero. Obviously, I want to overclock my i7, so I downloaded Aida64 to check the stability of the overclock, first try 4.7ghz failed after 15 minutes, then I tried 4.6ghz, i had looked some topics and some people say that 6 hours is good to test stability. I left my PC running the test and after 7h30min it failed. I don`t know if that is considered stable or my PC should run the test forever if I want to be considered stable. I also saw some people saying that I should uncheck "stress FPU" before running the test or just check "stress CPU". The test that failed after 7h30min had everything checked other than GPU and local disks. One last thing, although the average temperatures were really good there were some spikes on specific cores to like, 87C and I found it a bit strange and I don`t really know why does it happen. I need someone with more experience to help, thanks everyone and sorry if my english isn`t that good, it`s not my primary language.

Att: I forgot to mention, the Vcore was 1.315 for the 4.6ghz test and 1.325 for 4.7ghz.

Solution
"stable" = 24/7 stable at certain speed, Maximus VIII Hero is consider to be decent OC motherboard both by circuity and tools, some folks here called "silicon lottery", I call it lucky sample because will scale all the way to liquid nitrogen cooling.

Only motherboard's vendors, custom build vendors, world CPU OC competitors, and boring rich people should and need 4.3GHz and above result, users such as my self will be happy if the CPU can complete faster tasks than stock speed.

Speaking of LNA, try EK SF3D Inflection Point EVO and EK SF3D LGA 115X Mounting Point

Mikel_4

Respectable
Oct 15, 2016
"stable" = 24/7 stable at certain speed, Maximus VIII Hero is consider to be decent OC motherboard both by circuity and tools, some folks here called "silicon lottery", I call it lucky sample because will scale all the way to liquid nitrogen cooling.

Only motherboard's vendors, custom build vendors, world CPU OC competitors, and boring rich people should and need 4.3GHz and above result, users such as my self will be happy if the CPU can complete faster tasks than stock speed.

Speaking of LNA, try EK SF3D Inflection Point EVO and EK SF3D LGA 115X Mounting Point

Solution