Question Aio 120mm fan or 240mm for cube gaming axel

Apr 8, 2022
I have cube gaming axel case / tecware fusion / sama im01 which is similar to coolermaster nr200. Since i will be mounting my gpu vertically, I'm planning to buy aio liquid cooler. The one i had in mind is arctic liquid freezer II. Not really planning on overclocking my ryzen 5 3600x. The only option to mount radiator is at the top position of the case. My question is, which one will be a better solution overall in term on cpu cooling and airflow
Scenario 1, using 240mm aio
Scenario 2, using 120mm aio with 1 case fan beside it.

Excuse my bad english. Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd look into a 240mm AIO, spending on a 120mm AIO is moot in 2022, at that point the amount of money spent isn't much gained when you invest in a tiny 120mm AIO. Have you narrowed down the sort of 240mm AIO you're going to go with that build?

It's nice to see that they have a flowchart with regards to hardware used;
fusion_hardware-guide_v2.png

^ from here.

Reactions: fyiChan
Apr 8, 2022
Thank you Lutfij.
That was fast reply. Didn't know such chart exist. Thank you very much on that. My options for 240mm radiator are:
  1. Arctic liquid freezer II
  2. mastercooler liquid master ml240l v2
  3. id cooling auraflow 240mm
  4. Deepcool gammax l240 v2
Last 2 options are the cheapest. What i was trying to figure out is whether to use one 120mm exhaust fan to get better airflow inside the case and pair it up with 120mm aio cooler or just go get 240mm aio. I watched on yt how 120mm aio is enough for ryzen 5 3600x