[SOLVED] aio affected by dust filters?

May 21, 2020
So my aio is on the front of my corsair spec 05 which is the only place i can fit it, but im gonna be adding dust filters to the front. My aio fans are currently in a push config just wondering if pull will be better considering the new filters as ive read that it'll affect my temps more so when its right against the filters?

Solution
The more 'obstacles' you add, the harder the fans have to work. The obstacles vary from easy to hard.
A thin mesh filter is easy.
A hard drive cage is moderate.
A solid front panel is hard.
A radiator can vary, but I'd say it's moderate.

TL;DR: Yes, it does. The filter does add a small amount of resistance.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The more 'obstacles' you add, the harder the fans have to work. The obstacles vary from easy to hard.
A thin mesh filter is easy.
A hard drive cage is moderate.
A solid front panel is hard.
A radiator can vary, but I'd say it's moderate.

TL;DR: Yes, it does. The filter does add a small amount of resistance.

Solution

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Emphasis on SMALL amount of resistance, as long as you keep the filt3ers clean. Amd how closed they are to the fans does not really matter.

Just looking to clarify, thouhg. You say your AIO radiator and its fans are mounted on the case front, with the fans in "push" cofiguration. If they are drawing air in from the case front ann them pushing air though the rad, then the fans are mounted BETWEEN the case front and the rad? The fans are NOT on the INSIDE of the rad? IF they are on the inside of the rad and pushing from there, then they would be effectively EXHAUST fans, rather than intake. Just want to understand your arrangement.