Mar 23, 2022
Hi there

I bought a pre-built last year, the ASUS ROG Strix GA35 during a sale.
Recently I have noticed a "buzzing" noise coming from the AIO cooler, I'm not sure if it's coming from the pump or radiator.
It also makes a different noise under load, it's kind of buzzing/clicking intermittently instead of constantly.
Unfortunately I am not sure which exact cooler it is, they don't seem to specify anything beyond "240mm Liquid Cooler"

https://rog.asus.com/ch-en/desktops/full-tower/rog-strix-ga35-series/spec

Recording of idle noise:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhiMR5VD3n4

Recording of noise under load (I hope you can hear it, the CPU temps without the side panels weren't high enough for the noise to start):
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTQ3w3CgAug

Does anyone have an idea what the cause could be or rather if I should do something?
I'm unfortunately not very well-versed with these things and replacing or messing with the radiator would require me to nearly take the whole PC apart (the case is cr*p tbh...), so at that point I'd have to contact the store I bought it from.
Sorry I can't provide more info about the cooler, I hope you can give me some advice regardless.

Edit: While I'm at it I should also ask: Is it "normal" for a Ryzen 9 5900x to reach temps ~80°C while gaming or is that also an indicator that something might be wrong with the cooling? It stays at around 40 when idle, so probably not but I thought I should ask. I have PBO enabled.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
to help determine which component may be producing the noise first try stopping the fans one at a time while the noise is audible.
lightly press on the center of the fan until it stops.
Is it "normal" for a Ryzen 9 5900x to reach temps ~80°C...

stays at around 40 when idle
not with a decent cooler working properly.
but it can be related to the amount of cool air being pulled into the case.
if there is too much warm air being recycled throughout the case then the radiator and the liquid will remain at the temperature of that warm air.

40°C is also a bit warm for idling with a good cooler.
try adjusting the fan curve to higher minimum & maximum RPMs.
to help determine which component may be producing the noise first try stopping the fans one at a time while the noise is audible.
Is it "normal" for a Ryzen 9 5900x to reach temps ~80°C...

stays at around 40 when idle
if there is too much warm air being recycled throughout the case then the radiator and the liquid will remain at the temperature of that warm air.

try adjusting the fan curve to higher minimum & maximum RPMs.
there are quite a few different models under this series.
you would need to identify which it is specifically for much help related to it's components.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngraMainyu
Solution
Mar 23, 2022

try adjusting the an curve to higher minimum & maximum RPMs.

there are quite a few different models under this series.
you would need to identify which it is specifically for much help related to it's components.
Hi there

Sorry for the late reply.

Meanwhile I have tried turning on the PC with the radiator fans plugged out, the noise still remained, so I have to assume it's coming from the pump at this point.
What could this noise mean coming from the pump?

Regarding temps, I have tried disabling PBO and the CPU temps have dropped to 60°C max under load. I'm more comfortable with this, so I think I'll keep it disabled.

Also I am quite sure it is this AIO cooler: https://rog.asus.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-coolers/rog-strix-lc/rog-strix-lc-240-model/

Thanks