Question AIO cabling help plz

Jul 29, 2022
Hello guys I have a Asus ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard and a MSI MAG 360R CORELIQUID cooler, the issue is that I'm trying to put the cables of the cooler in the right place (I already installed it on the cpu) but I don't understand it, can someone plz explain?

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Ripkirvi, I was in the same boat a few weeks ago. I got the same cooler, the wiring is indeed a pain! It is not clear at first, but you may realize that the manual will call the cables "rainbow," or something similar. The mobo I have had the respective headers called something else entirely, something like "argb," which I found out stands for addressablergb and is basically the same as rainbow. Unfortunately, it comes down to different labels for the same thing, you just have to do a little research to see what the different "brand names" are for. As for the fans, they can be wired in different ways. The easiest way is probably to daisychain them, then have the single cable go to the mobo. I dont remember which youtube video helped me figure all this out, but look for installation guides on youtube and some will show you step by step on how to do it, if the manuals are as useless as mine were in conjunction.